Learn how to make gelato
There’s ice cream, then there’s gelato, the best ice cream in the world. When you taste it you’ll understand why: the difference couldn’t be more huge.
We’re proud to team up with Rome Cooking Workshops to present a class that teaches you to make one of the most loved desserts in Italy – and the world – using artisan techniques and fresh ingredients. And then eat it!
Making gelato introduces you to the history of Rome
Frozen treats have been around since the days of the emperors. Our friendly and professional gelato artisan uses traditional techniques, and is from one of the best gelaterias in the heart of Rome. This is the perfect activity is perfect for your family and gelato lovers alike.
What’s in the class?
You’ll meet our gelato ‘maestro’ who will teach you the ins and outs of how to make Italy’s favorite dessert. The class begins with an introduction to the concept of ice cream itself – sherbet, sorbet, and gelato itself, and how ice creams differ around the world.
You will then learn how to make gelato from scratch using the freshest ingredients, led by our Gelato master. At the end of the class you’ll be able to taste samples of your own creations, as well as other gelato flavors at a gelateria.
Details of the class
Meeting point: One of Rome’s best gelaterias, near Piazza Navona
Availability: Every day upon request
Time: 10:30 am
Duration: 1.5 hours
Price: from €58
- Ingredients for the Gelato making (and eating later!)
- Gelato tasting
- Your own apron to use for this hands-on class and keep afterwards
- Additional personal expenses (like even more gelato!)
- This class requires at least 1 adult to participate with children on the workshop
- Guests with food intolerances and allergies are advised to inform Rome Cooking Workshops well in advance, and may be advised to book a private class
- We are happy to adjust ingredients to special needs and tastes
- Rome Cooking Workshops charges a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event